Pages

Samsung HLT5075S 50-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV


I bought the TV about 7 months ago as I was moving into a dorm for college and I needed a new TV. While it is way bigger than I need for a dorm room I figued why not spend the extra money for a bigger TV then spend 150-300 on a little 20inch when I'd be buying a larger TV later when I live in an apartment. At the time this was around 5 and was the best deal out there.

I was wary at first as there are many complants with these kind of systems. However, I have never had a problem with unit. I think it has been more than I expected. While it is a 720 and not 1080 I don't think there is much difference. While I am in a dorm I don't have a normal array of HD channels, but I do get your basic CBS/NBC channels in HD and they look completely crystal clear. I can't make a noticable difference from the 720 to 1080. The only time you can really tell the difference is if your in a store and a 720 is next to a 1080. Since it is a rear projection it is lamp lit and other complained of the lamp light flowing out from the vents in the back. I don't really notice this, even in with all the lights off. If you have it directing against a wall then you can see it, but it's not enough to be bothersome and if you wish can be easily blocked. Only con is the warm up and warm down as it is a bulb light, but it only takes a few seconds. I wouldn't turn it off and on rapidly or leave it on constantly as the bulb will burn out faster. see more best hdtv 1080p

  • 50" Slim DLP HDTV
  • 1280 x 720-pixel resolution; 2,500:1 Contrast ratio
  • Measures 45.2"(W) x 31.8"(H) x 13.4"(D) 56.7 Lbs.
  • Connections: 2 HDMI, 2 S-Video, 2 Composite, 2 Component Video Input, 2 Monitor and sound out, 1 PC (RBG) in, 1 PC audio input
  • Two stereo speakers, 10 watts apiece (20 watts total); SRS TruSurround XT virtual surround

See more Samsung HLT5075S 50-Inch Slim 720p DLP HDTV Review

Tags : Acer AO532h-2326 Netbook Acer AOD250-1633