Pages

Panasonic PT-52LCX65 52-Inch Widescreen HD-Ready LCD Projection TV


I purchased my TV from Costco for [...] a few weeks ago.

I spent extensive time researching the different types of flat screen tvs and the pros and cons of each.

Currently, I feel the rear projection televisions are the best for the cost.

Here is a brief explanation why:
1. Near impossible to get burn in. You can, but you almost have to try to make it happen. I have only read of one review where the fella actually ran his at 4:3 constantly. Of course you are going to get some type of burn in on the left and right hand sides of the picture.
2. Picture quality is very good. I have noticed that the plasma is a bit crisper, but in all seriousness, you can't really notice a considerable difference unless you are viewing the new dvds.
3. Cost Cost Cost. The 42" plasma panasonic is the same exact price, and has roughly half the lifetime if treated correctly.
4. HDMI/SD. This TV doesn't have the common glitch that a lot of the sony and samsong sets do when trying to switch from an incoming HDMI connection to any other type. I am free to swap between my HDMI dvd player, to my playstation 3, and then to my standard Digital Cable connection. This was the main deal breaker between this and the Samsong rear projection television.

As far as cons go, I can only find the usual in all flat screen televisions.
1. Viewing closer than 3 feet is not good. And at hard angles, for example, lying flat on the floor, can be a bit harsh.

Since it has been in my home, I have placed it on a corner in the living room and can view it without a problem within the full 90 degrees of the room without noticing any distortion. No signs of burn in and it still runs flawlessly.

I would recommend this television, or any of the other same style panasonic rear projection LCD televisions.

If you are looking for the standard flat without the deeper back I would recommend going towards the Panasonic plasma televisions. I checked the 42" model out extensively and found it to be superb in view and style, as well as input switching. see more best hdtv 1080p

  • 52-inch, slim-body LCD projection TV with widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio; 48.3 x 35.2 x 17 inches (W x H x D)
  • 1,280 x 720 native resolution; built-in ATSC tuner for free, high-definition 720p and 1080i reception
  • DCR (Digital Cable Ready) with CableCARD clot for plug-and-play digital cable (where available)
  • SD Card lets you view digital photo slideshows right on your big-screen TV (supports 8 MB to 1 GB cards)
  • 12 total video inputs include 1 HDMI digital-video input and 3 HD/SD component-video inputs

See more Panasonic PT-52LCX65 52-Inch Widescreen HD-Ready LCD Projection TV Review

See Also : Acer AOD250-1515 Netbook