Pages

Panasonic TH-42PX25U/P 42-Inch High-Definition Plasma TV


I have had my set for about 2 weeks now, and I am blown away by it's contrast and resolution.

This is my second set...the first set arrived and when I plugged it in, all I received was a blinking power light---turns out it has something to do with the power supply---according to Panansonic.

I use Radio Shack 'rabbit' ears for my reception and receive all four of the major networks and OPB in HD---Monday Night Football in HD is amazing! With the 'rabbit ears' I also receive all four major networks in SD---but why go back?

DVD's seem to look better on the Plasma than on my last Mitsubishi tube set---even thugh there is only 480 lines of resolution. I haven't tried the HDMI input yet, but others seem to be impressed by it.

I am using component video for my DVD and run the sound through Yamaha Audio/Video controller, Adcom amplifiers, and Polk Audio speakers.

The only bummer is that when the speakers on the Plasma are turned off, you can't adjust the 'volume level' using the Plasma remote---you just get a message saying 'speakers off'---you should be able to turn off the speakers and then have the audio out from your Plasma become a 'line out' so to speak---so you can control the audio levels of your surround system, when watching TV by using the volume on the Plasma remote control---why should I have to 'select' receiver and then adjust the volume?---heck that was available on my first Mitsubishi set 16 years ago.

Anway, minor complaint....all in all a fantastic set, that I would recommend to anyone---and a great bargain too! see more best hdtv 1080p

  • 42-inch gas-plasma TV with built-in NTSC and digital ATSC/QAM tuners and high 3,000:1 contrast ratio; 44.9 x 29.8 x 5.5 inches (W x H x D)
  • 1,024 x 768 native pixel resolution with HDTV/EDTV display capability (1080i/480p); accepts 720p input through front-panel PC/RGB analog input
  • High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) offers direct-digital A/V connection with compatible gear
  • Photo viewer through SD/PC Card slots; CableCARD compatibility obviates the need for a separate box for digital cable reception
  • Biamplified 2-way speakers with 26 watts total power; BBE ViVA HD3D Sound simulates surround sound from any 2 speakers

See more Panasonic TH-42PX25U/P 42-Inch High-Definition Plasma TV Review

Visit : Acer AOA150-1635 Netbook Acer AOD250-1326 Netbook