Pages

Samsung LNT4042H 40-Inch LCD HDTV


Bought this set last July after 3 months of research. The features that sold me were:

The picture on standard def channels, since I did not plan on paying for digital programming. I hijacked the remote at Sears and flipped back and forth from standard to hi-def on every set they had. While not as clear as my old Sony analog, the clarity is far and above comparable LCD's.

Looks great with my Samsung upconvert DVD player, and the onboard tuner picked up about 20 hi-def channels over my basic cable. The component connections generate a good picture as well. My kids' VHS tapes and Nintendo Wii look great.

The low glare screen has been great, since I mounted the set in a very bright room. The high-gloss black finished can cause some reflection, but a small price to pay for a set that looks this nice.


10 months later, I am still extremely happy with the set. Especially since the price hasn't dropped. Amazon has always treated me well with any purchase, be it 00 or . I was not home for delivery, but my wife said that they were professional and courteous.



see more best hdtv 1080p

  • 7000:1 Contrast Ratio
  • (3) HDMI, (2) Component Inputs
  • Side Jack Pack
  • SRS Tru-Surround Sound

See more Samsung LNT4042H 40-Inch LCD HDTV Review

Recommend : Acer AOD250-1584 Netbook